The Asylum Service is composed of the Central Service, the Regional Asylum Offices and the Independent Asylum task forces. The Central service plans, directs, monitors and controls the action of the Asylum Offices and units and ensures the necessary conditions for the exercise of their responsibilities.
The mission of Regional Asylum Offices and Asylum Units, within the limits of their local competence, is to apply the legislation on international protection and in particular:
- Obtaining fingerprints of applicants for international protection,receiving and examining international protection applications in the first instance
- The receipt of appeals and their transmission to the Appeals Authority,
- Informing applicants for international protection about the application process, as well as their rights and obligations,
- The provision of applicants for international protection as well as beneficiaries of international protection with the required legal and travel documents,
- The provision of applicants for international protection as well as beneficiaries of international protection with the required legal and travel documents
- Facilitating applicants in terms of hosting conditions in cooperation with other co-responsible bodies.