General Secretary of Migration Policy
Patroklos Georgiadis was born in 1966. He obtained a BA in Theology from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens and attended post graduate studies in History (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki) and in Crisis Management (Harokopio University). He speaks English.
Private Sector Employment
- From 1993 to 2004, he worked as a Journalist, as a Supplement Editor for “Eleftheros Tipos” newspaper and as an Assistant Producer at “Athens 9,84” radio station.
- From 2009 to 2010, he worked as Business Director in “MASS A.E” advertising company and as Business Consultant in “COMM GROUP A.E.” public relations company.
- From 2010 to July 2012 period, he was the Business Development Manager in KPMG Hellas.
- At the same time, he was an associate/Independent Expert for the European Public Law Organization (E.P.L.O.) and also worked as a Consulting Editor for the “Epikera” magazine in Livanis Publications Co.
- From March 2015 to July 2019, he worked as an Independent Expert for the European Public Law Organization (E.P.L.O.) and as a Consultant for migration-relevant management issues.
Positions of Public Appointment
- From 2004 to 2006, he was appointed Special Secretary in the National Printing Organization.
- From 2006 he undertakes duties in the Ministry of Interior as General Secretary in charge of Regional and Local Authorities Organizations, Migration Policy, Citizenship and Social Cohesion Schemes, until September 2009.
- From July 2012 until September 2014, he assumed the duties of General Secretary of Civil Protection in the Ministry of Public Order and Citizen Protection. During that term, he acted as the Head of the Greek Presidency of E.U (2014) responsible for all issues pertaining to the jurisdiction of the Ministry. He was also in charge of the Migration Policy and the relevant departments and services.
- From October 2014 until March 2015, he served as General Secretary in the Ministry of Development and Competition, acting as: a) Representative of the Greek Public Sector in the Board of Directors of ETVA Industrial Zones S.A and of the Black Sea Trade and Development Bank (BSTDB), b)General Commissioner of Greece in EXPO 2015 International Fair in Milan, Italy and c) Member of the Board for the Hellenic-Indian Chamber of Commerce and Economy.
- Since August 1st, 2019, he is serving as General Secretary of Migration Policy, Admission and Asylum in the Ministry of Citizen Protection.
- Following the establishment of the Ministry of Migration and Asylum in February 2020, he has been in charge of the migration policy as General Secretary.