Intercultural Mediation Projects
The Directorate of Social Integration in the context of its initiatives to develop the profession of intercultural mediation, has been conducting since March 2019, the recording-via a survey questionnaire, of employees working as intercultural mediators in Greece.
Objectives of the recording:
- The aim of the recording is to collect data that relate to the qualifications, skills, and professional experience of individuals working as intercultural mediators in Greece. The information collected will be used to better plan and implement activities and programs to promote the profession.
The recording is important:
- for creating an avenue of communication and information exchange between the Directorate of Social Integration and intercultural mediation professionals.
Participate in the recording:
Those who have already completed and sent the questionnaire but whose contact information has changed since then (email, contact phone, residence address) are kindly requested to inform the Directorate of Social Integration by completing the following form and sending it to the email address: email@example.com.
in Community Centers/Migrant Integration Centers of Municipalities
The planners of the program
The Directorate of Social Integration has designed in collaboration with the Actions Coordination and Monitoring Authority (EYSEKT) of the European Social Fund and the Hellenic Agency for Local Development and Local Government (E.E.T.A.A.), the program “Reinforcement/promotion of intercultural mediation services in Community Centers/Migrant Integration Centers of Municipalities.”
With regards to the funding:
The program is funded by the Regional Operational Programs (ROP) in the context of the Institutional Objective 9, “Promotion of social inclusion and combating poverty and discrimination."
Objectives of the program:
- The program foresees the training and employment of fifty-eight (58) Intercultural Mediators in forty-seven (47) municipalities of the country in eight (8) regions (Attica, Central Macedonia, East Macedonia-Thrace, Thessaly, Ipiros, West Greece, Central Greece and Crete).
The program is designed to run for three years with the potential of being extended depending on the operation of Community Centers. The total estimated budget is 2,770,460 €.
The role of the Directorate of Social Integration:
The Directorate of Social Integration monitors the program in close collaboration with the Hellenic Agency for Local Development and Local Government (E.E.T.A.A.). It also provides instructions and directions where needed and makes every possible effort in order to ensure the effective implementation of the program.
The Directorate of Social Integration in collaboration with other social partners and specialized bodies has completed the important, necessary, and innovative project of “Defining the Professional Profile of Intercultural Mediators,” according to the procedures specified in article 4 of the no 110998/08.05.2006 Joint Minister Decision: “Certification of Professional Profiles” (ΦΕΚ 566/Β).
- The project will outline and officially establish the profession of intercultural mediation. The project also envisions the improvement in the quality of services provided in the field.
- The professional profile describes the various aspects of intercultural mediation practice. Thus, it will help in creating certifications and assist in forming training programs for intercultural mediators.