In order to renew your travel document, you need to take the following 5 actions/steps:
First, you apply to the Asylum Service by email.
You send Solemn Declarations by post to the Asylum Service
You receive an email reply from the Asylum Service with instructions on steps 4 and 5.
You submit documents to the Passport Office of the Greek Police (or Offices for Aliens).
You pick up your renewed travel document from the Regional Asylum Office or Asylum Unit of the Asylum Service.
Αν είστε ο μόνος γονιός στην οικογένειά σας ή αν ο άλλος γονιός βρίσκεται εκτός Ελλάδας ή είστε ασυνόδευτος ανήλικος θα πρέπει να κάνετε αίτηση για ανανέωση ταξιδιωτικών εγγράφων σε Regional Asylum Office or Asylum Unit that corresponds to your place of residence. You will receive further instructions when you visit the Regional Asylum Service Office or the Asylum Unit.
You apply to the Asylum Service by email
- In order to apply for your travel document you need to submit an application to the following email address: GAS.email@example.com
- You can find the application hereIt is available in Greek and English.
- For each member of your family you need to send a separate email with a separate application
- In your email message, apart from the application, you also need to attach a recent digital photo of you, according to the specifications for Greek passport photos.
- In the subject of the email you have to type: “Travel Doc Renewals,” as well as the number of the valid Residence Permit in your possession (e.g. “Travel Doc Renewals P123456789”).
- If you change your place of residence or your contact details you need to immediately inform the Asylum Unit of International Protection Beneficiaries.
You send Solemn Declarations by post to the
- At the same time, you need to send Solemn Declarations via post to the following postal address:
Asylum Service – Ministry of Migration & Asylum
Asylum Unit of International Protection Beneficiaries,
2, P. Kanellopoulou St. area code: 10177
- More specifically, the solemn declarations are:
- The Solemn Declaration A’ (or Annex A’)where you declare that you have not committed a serious crime or offense, as per the competent legal framework of Greek Law. If your child is over fifteen (15) years of age you need to submit the same Solemn Declaration for your child. In this case, both of the parents as well the child need to sign the Solemn Declaration. You can find the Solemn Declaration A’ here in Amharic, Arabic, English, Farsi, French, Pashto, Tigrinya and Urdu.
- You should send Solemn Declaration B’ (or Annex B’) only if you wish to renew the travel documents of your underage children. In this case you need to declare that you give your consent for the renewal of the travel documents of your children. Both parents need to submit this Solemn Declaration. You will find the Solemn Declaration B’ (or Annex B’) here in Amharic, Arabic, English, Farsi, French, Pashto, Tigrinya and Urdu.
- These Solemn Declarations need to be signed. Afterwards the signatures need to be verified by the competent authorities, such as the Citizen Service Centers (KEP) and police stations.
There are other very important details that you need to know in order to submit the application and the solemn declarations. Read these detailed instructionsvery carefully.
You receive an email reply from the Asylum
Service with instructions on steps 4 and 5 from the Asylum Service
- Make sure you have given your correct email address in your application
- After some time, you will receive a reply via email from the Asylum Service. The reply will be written in a language that you understand.
- The email reply will contain information with regards to whether your travel documents are renewed or not (whether a decision has been issued and whether this decision is positive or negative) as well as further instructions.
- If the decision is positive, the email reply will refer you to Passport Offices of the Greek Police (or Alien Offices) where you will have to submit additional documents.
- More specifically, the email reply will mention the specific Passport Office (or office of Aliens) you need to visit and the documents you need to submit to these passport offices.
- If the Asylum Service has decided not to renew your travel documents you will be informed in the email reply that you have to go to a Regional Asylum Office or an Asylum Unit in order to pick up this decision (which specifies that your renewal will not be further processed).
You submit documents to the Passport Office of the Greek Police (or Offices for Aliens). (ή Γραφείο Αλλοδαπών)
You need to have with you the following documents when you visit the Passport Office (or Office for Aliens):
- A print out of the email you received from the Asylum Service
- The file attached in the email that contains the decision on the renewal of your travel documents.
- Your current travel document.
- Your residence permit (ADET), that should be valid.
- Two (2) recent personal photos (Greek passport type).
- Receipt of administrative fee payment for travel documents
You will receive a receipt from the Passport Offices for the documents you have submitted. You must not lose this receipt as you will need it in the last stage when you pick up your travel documents.
You pick up your renewed travel document from the Regional Asylum Office or Asylum Unit.
- You should pick up your renewed travel document from the Regional Asylum Office or Asylum Unit that is responsible for the geographical area you currently live in.
- The email reply you received from the Asylum Service will specifically state the specific Regional Asylum Office (or Asylum Unit) from where you can pick up your renewed travel document.
- View the contact information of the Regional Asylum Offices or Asylum Units.
- In order to pick up your renewed travel document, you have to follow the announcements of Travel Documents that have been Renewed.
- When renewed travel documents are ready, announcements are posted. In order to see if your travel document has been renewed you need to search in Travel Documents that have been Renewed using the number of your current travel document.
- The announcement that contains the number of your current travel document mentions the day and time you can pick up your renewed travel documents.
- You have to pick up your travel documents at the specific day and time mentioned in the announcement.
- You have to come in person. You can’t send someone else on your behalf
- You have to wear a mask when you visit the Regional Asylum Office to pick up your residence permit.
You have to have with you in the Regional Asylum Office or Asylum Unit the following documents in order to receive your travel document:
- Your current travel document (TDV)
- Your valid residence permit (ADET)
- The receipt (Barcode) you received from the Passport Office for the documents you submitted